Thursday, November 13, 2008

" I want to come closer, but you are so distant. Lately your thoughts are so far. And I want to show you all that you're missing. I'll meet you right where you are." Then the chorus: " O love, I've always known you and O love, you've always been mine. O love, I'm only asking you for your life."
This is the sound of my Savior, the love of my life, the one who gave everything for me. The one who opened my eyes to wonder. And most amazing of all? He LONGS for me. Me! The broken, dirty, foolish human being that I am. He doesn't see that. All he sees is love. And me?

I'm too busy.

He desperately longs for me and tries to draw my attention to him. He calls me. He desires me.

And I'm too busy.

My thoughts are far from him. He gave his life and I barely take the time. He tries to show me the things that I'm missing, the miracles and splendor!

And I'm too busy. Some days I barely think about him. I walk around without even noticing his creation. I don't read his Word. I don't ask for miracles.

I'm too busy. Busy with life. Busy with homework. Busy with concerns and worries. Busy with anything BUT what i should be busy with. That being my relationship with Him.

Why don't I see it?

Why do I let this pass me by all the time??

He simply wants ME.

He's willing to meet me right where I am, in the midst of all my imperfections and failures. He doesn't see it. All he sees is me. All he wants is me.

And me?

I don't even notice.

He knows that I can't do it alone. He offers His hand to help.

And I don't take it. I'm too concerned with other things. And all He wants is me!!

He wants to come closer and I keep moving away. And I'm not even trying to. I just don't take the time to notice that I've strayed from Him. Until I'm too far. He wants to draw close to me, to hold me and whisper things to me, to show me what I've never seen before. But my mind is distant, on other things, in other places. And yet the amazing thing?

He never stops:) He never gives up on me.

Even when I would've given up on myself, He doesn't. Won't ever. I don't deserve this kind of love. And that's the beauty of it.

It doesn't matter.

He doesn't care.

He runs to me.

Every time I need HIm.

He meets me right where I am.

And then I stray again. I fail to notice Him again. I start running around again, getting distracted.

And He?

He patiently waits for me. Always waiting.

How can I be so selfish not to notice? How can I be so blind? When will I finally learn to turn to Him everyday? When will I stop getting lost? When will I finally come to a place where I have to admit my need for Him everyday?

1 comment:

Brit said...

I feel like I get this revelation almost daily, and each time it makes me want to smack myself in the forehead for so foolishly choosing things of this world over simply spending time in his arms. It baffles me that as desperate as we are for him, and as much as we need him to sustain our every breath, he longs for us that much MORE.
Thanks for your vulnerability Matt..I'm right there with you on this one, a majority of the time hah.

"He never stops:) He never gives up on me.
Even when I would've given up on myself, He doesn't. Won't ever. I don't deserve this kind of love. And that's the beauty of it."

...that pretty much sums it up right there!
:)